.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Question meme snitched from Cate

GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
My entire left kneecap is a scar. I have no feeling there at all. When I was 16, I took a short run off a long pier at night and skinned it down to cartilage. Um, ow?
2. NAME 7 THINGS THAT ARE IN THE ROOM YOUR COMPUTER IS IN. IF IT’S A LAPTOP, CHOOSE THE ROOM YOU USE IT IN MOST OFTEN.
Phone book, two dozen multicolored sharpie markers, stuffed frog, unfinished christmas cards (must get busy!), a stone egg, half a dozen different craft catalogs, tweety bird bobblehead
3. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO?
All kinds but lately into new country. (Old country still gags me)
4. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THE MOST IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS?
Having bills paid off enough to start saving money again.
5. WHAT DO YOU MISS
Autumn nights and hayrides.
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? (PHOTOS DON’T COUNT).
A stupid little alligator toe keychain that my father brought back for me one year from a vacation in Florida I did not go on. It's ALWAYS with me.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
Two favorites: Fresh mown grass or burning leaves.
8. IF YOU DIED TOMORROW_________.
The house would be paid off, I would be buried in modest style and the kids would have some nice SSI income. I'm not worried about my family if I croak. Insurance is wonderful.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE OR PERFUME?
Sweet Honesty by Avon
10. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
DH
11. DO YOU SPEAK A SECOND OR THIRD LANGUAGE?
I am fluent in Geek as well as Child and Dog.
12. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
I don't know. I'd have to check my baby book. Dumb question - SKIPPING!
13. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Leaving what exactly? Another dumb question - SKIPPING!
14. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Don't say it - show it.
15. WHOSE NUMBER DO YOU CALL MOST OFTEN?
Home. I check on Firstborn, I call wehn I'm late I call to see if I have to leave early or if I can work overtime, I call to remind DH of something, - I call about 5 times a day.
16. WHAT ANNOYS YOU?
Liars, poor grammar
17. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE US? WHERE?
Yes, Canadia
18. YOUR NUMBER ONE WEAKNESS?
Anything free
19. YOUR NUMBER ONE STRENGTH?
optimism
20. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST JOB?
Newspaper route
21. WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER, WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP?
A teacher
22. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY?
Holding my head - hurting tonight.
23. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My children's behavior in public
24. WHAT WOULD A GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT BE?
breakfast in bed
25. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mother gave me her friend's name for a middle name.
26. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
yes
27. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
today
28. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
depends on how tired I am. The more tired - the more careful I am and I like it more.
29. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO RETIRE?
right here.
30. ANY BAD HABITS?
I grind my teeth. I compulsively play with cello tape
31. DO LOOKS MATTER?
no, but cleanliness does.
32. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
I write, or I cry
33. IF YOU HAD A SECOND HOME, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Probably back up north where I moved from. Near family.
34. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
I'm as gullible as they come
35. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Teddy a grungy white teddy bear. I still have him in a box somewhere.
36. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE STORED IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
About 15
37. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
sometimes
38. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
not looking anymore
39. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR NICKNAMES?
Kiwi
40. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not usually
41. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Chocolate
42. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
Blue, Green, white
43. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The news in the other room - background noise
44. LAST THING YOU ATE?
chocolate chip ice cream
45. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My mother
46. IF YOU WERE GIVEN $500, WHAT WOULD YOU BUY?
I'd vet my critters all at once instead of one at a time
47. WHAT QUALITIES MAKE A MAN IRRESISTABLE?
not looking - dumb question - SKIPPING
48. WHO DO YOU THINK IS OVERRATED?
Um, WHO do I think is overrated? Let's pretend you asked me What is overrated, and that would be the intelligence of the average caller to my help desk. These people invest years to get to a professional status but know nothing about the tools that help them make the big bucks. And it's my fault. Yeah.
49. FAVORITE DRINK?
Non-alchoholic: Lime Koolaid. Alchoholic: Strawberry margarita
50. WHAT ARE YOUR NEW YEARS EVE PLANS?
Stay home - sleep.
51. WHERE WAS YOUR LAST VACATION?
Excuse me - my last WHAT?
52. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
My family
53. SIBLINGS?
Two - brothers. Just as tall and just as geeky as I am.
54. FAVORITE MONTH?
Up north it used to be October because of all the leaf changes. Down here I like March for all the spring flowers.
55. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
I might. Never tried it.
56. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Robots. I'm a sucker for anythign Robin Williams lends his talents to. Even if they suck as bad as Death to Smoochy.
57. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
DAY?? I have to pick a day? I suppose any day that I am under no obligations to anybody for anything.
58. WHAT BOOK(S) ARE YOU READING?
"Foundation" by Issac Asimov
"House Harkonnen" by that dude who wrote "Dune"
59. WHAT’S ON YOUR RECOMMENDED READING LIST?
"Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell
Anything by Lemony Snicket
Anything by Stephen King
"Lord of the Flies" by that guy
"To Kill a Mockingbird" by that other guy
"Helter Skelter" by that third guy
60. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
I didn't watch TV last night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Yours is so much better than mine! Intriguing AND funny!

12/07/2005 01:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture