.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sales and linky goodness

I was disappointed in the after-christmas sales. The vultu - ahem - early shoppers picked everything over before I got a chance to look at all the items. not much good items left. I also drove down to Michaels to use my gift cards (Thank you Mom! - don't be surprised, they never last long around here) and there was NO LEFTOVER Christmas stuff. I could buy some Christmas lights on sale for 50% off - which meant they were $5 a box. Um, HELLO? I buy them for $1 around here? I SO did not drive for an hour to buy that. Yes, an hour. the highway was a parking lot. I should have known better than to assume that because the speed limit is 70 that people would actually DRIVE 70. Oh no. So - we got there - the place was crowded and there was no sales in sight. But I could buy my valentines crafts now. Sheesh. I bought a bunch of pearl beads for next year's ornaments (pearl spiders! yay!) and some pliers. I hated having to pay full price when I expected a killer sale but oh well. I had fun!

I did go to wallyworld at about midnight though to get myself a new artificial christmas tree for next year. Half off made it very cheap. I am a little tired of propping up my existing one. It's about 12 years old from when I got it and it was a hand-me-down before that. It's showing it's age. It is so wobbly and tipped it's not funny. I think the year the dogs took it down about 5 times was the end of it's stability. I'm going to keep it for a tree-emergency but it's going to rest in it's two boxes and 1 garbage bag for a long time.

Ever wonder what your life would be like without the internet? Check it out. Very cute. Don't forget to pull the tabs and slide the buttons.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

The tabs and buttons are the best part!

12/28/2005 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture