.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Another mess with Firstborn

Remember when Firstborn told me that another kid wanted to fight and the kid kicked him and he punched back? Well, we had the talk about ignoring people who wanted to fight with us, and we discussed techniques for turning a blind ear to the taunts. Well, a couple days ago we got a call from the school. Apparently there was a fight on the bus itself between this kid and another kid and Firstborn was peripherally involved. (hit a kid's hand away when the kid continued to poke him). Firstborn was removed from the bus for a couple of days because of this. (This story has been confirmed with the school principal who called me about it) Firstborn walked to school for those days and today is the first day back on the bus.

Well, apparently something happened on the bus today because NiceKid's parents dropped by the house wanting to talk to us. I happened to be on the phone with Firstborn at the time and I got to speak with them. It seems that Firstborn is hanging around a crowd of kids that don't like NiceKid much. There have been threats of being pinned and peed on and name calling and lots of arguments. This is all news to me. She also told me that she has already talked to DH about this a few days ago (DH why did she tell me this and not you???) and wanted to talk to us together too.

I told her that DH and I would drop by tonight to discuss and try to work something out. This (picking on NiceKid) is NOT going to happen. NiceKid's mother is pretty freaked out and worried and I completely hear what she's saying. I simply will NOT allow FirstBorn to participate in something like this.

I also don't quite get it - Firstborn is FRIENDS with NiceKid! They hang out, my kids go over there a lot, her kids come over a lot - we get along great. What happened?????

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

I'm curious. What does Firstborn say about it?

2/01/2006 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture