.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm too stupid to drive.

We stopped at a gas station last night that I had never been to and DH was pumping gas in his car and I attempted to pump gas into mine. DH had to direct me to the diesel pumps, but then let me fly solo. I pulled out the nozzle and put it in the car and struggled gettign it in the car. DH hollered over from the other pump "It doesn't go all the way in". Oops. Grin! I'm so silly. Okay then, now what? There's no lever on this pump.... Wait - I don't wanna go inside. Put nozzle back on rack. Hmm. I studied the options on the touchpad. They offer Pay at pump - cool. I slid the card all the way into the slot and nothing. Oh - oops - forgot to press the pay at pump button. Try the card again - still nothing. Flip the card over and try again. Nothing. BEEP! I look at the screen, the transaction has been cancelled. Probably because I can't get the card to work. Press the button again, insert card again and pull it out quickly this time. Nothing. What the heck? I look closely at the machine - yep - I pressed the pay at pump. Tried card again - but pulling it out even faster. Nothing. Turned card around and tried again. BEEP! "Transaction Cancelled". ARGH!! Hollered for DH to come over. He hollers back "Why?" so I holler at him "I don't think this pump works!" He hollers back "Okay give me a second". I resume pressing "Pay At Pump" and swiping my card.

Then it hits me.

I'm swiping the card into the reciept slot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Brother.... how funny. Your brother (oldest) couldn't figure out how it worked either. He was putting the card in backwards. So it must run in the family. I remember that cartoon that Dad used to have. It was a child going into the "school for gifted children" and he was trying to push the door when the door said pull. Reminds me of that. Just too smart to figure the simple things out (LOL) Love MOM

1/28/2006 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Your mom is so sweet. Makes me feel better about doing the same thing.

1/29/2006 03:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture