.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Need ideas

I have some things that I'm itching to make into something else, but I can't think of anything. I know there has to be some clever and interestign ideas for these objects, but I can't think of any.....

1) Old spice bottles. Some plastic, some glass. Some tall, some short.
2) TicTac boxes. I have a million of 'em. I used some to sort beads, but they are still coming out my ears.
3) Old cd's. I made ornaments out of some of them and have another weird wreath type ornament in mind but surely there is more I can do.
4) Old records. I have about 5 or 6 of these laying about
5) Jumbo size pinecones. These are HUUUUUGE - like about 8-9 inches long and 4-5 inches wide. I have maybe 6-8 of them and know where to get more.
6) box of assorted acorns and acorn caps. I wanted to make painted acorn ornaments one year but I didn't get the caps to stick on the acorns really well and I never pursued it further. Still have 'em.
7) bag of floofy cream colored feathers and smaller bag of 4 inch long dyed "indian" feathers.
8) miscellaneous seashells. I have these in GREAT QUANTITIES. I am a compulsive shell picker-upper when I go to the beach.

If you have any ideas - particularly for the TicTac containers, shells, or acorns, - I would really love to hear them!

I was thinking of using the TicTac containers as next years ornaments and putting "things" in it to represent all the various "mints" around the holidays like "excite-mint" and..... well.... that's actually all I have right now but I'll keep working on it. :)
*****************
Today's "cool find of the day" is here. I remember many many summers spent hoarding pennies and dimes for a Blo Pop. Green ones turned your tongue green and grape turned it black. My favorites were the cherry and strawberry ones because it was two things in one - cherry red lips plus great candy. LOL! I have a tube of grape Blow Pop lip gloss right now that I absolutely ADORE. I also found that they make gummi bear scents and Ho Ho scents and so many others that you can hardly count them.

***
Edit - Um, I've seen some pretty weird types of lip balm - but chicken poop? I'll pass on this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for posting the link to the lip glosses! My sister gave me Wash Away Your Sins in cheap communion wine flavor by Blue Q.

1/10/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen the Chicken Poop at Walgreens check-out counter- I always look at it- never buy it. Looks like someone does tho, the website you gave is sold out of it. Hmmmm

Becki

1/11/2006 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

test

1/11/2006 07:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture