.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Saturday, January 21, 2006

ROOOOOOAAAAAD TRIP!


This is too funny - if I had more time I would have stopped and gone through their free museum. Bound to be some more amusing vintagey items at the Bulls Hit Ranch and Farm. They make potato chips by the way - never tried 'em though.

Mmmmm Mmmmm, McSemi

Somebody bought this yellow neon billboard in front of a house of ill-repute right at the highway entrance. I get the impression he's mad about something.

At the Flea market I foudn and bought two of these glass thingamabobs just cause they were pretty and they were cheap. Figured on putting them in the garden or using them as tealight holders or something. When I got home I looked them up and it turns out they are glass insulators from telephone poles - they used to hold telegraph wires. They stopped making this kind in 1950 apparently. Isn't it neat??? I love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Are those pictures real? Too funny.

Also, my mom gave me one of those glass things, but it's clear. She said it had something to do with telephone wires or something like that. I never knew for sure what it was.

P.S. I left you the address you needed on my site.

1/22/2006 08:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture