.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Friday, February 24, 2006

Moving

Yesterday I moved to my new desk - in a new part of the building - with a really nice new flat screen monitor. It's probably 20 inches. HUGE! I'm loving this new job already. Hahaha! On the flip side - I have an unbelievable amount of CRAP at work. Moving desks was an EVENT, let me tell you. I had settled into my old desk and been there for approximately three years. (The dust was amazing - I know exactly where the cleaning crew DOES NOT clean) and some of the stuff I found at the back of my drawers was - unreal.

For some reason I had saved a baggie. I don't know why I had it, if it had been used before or what - but it was saved because it was neatly folded. I chucked it.

I also saved a small cardboard box that I used a long time ago for pop-tabs I collect for youngest. I now use a mug Middlechild made me to hold them so I don't need the box anymore - but WHY on earth would I save it? From the bowels of my desk to the trash can it went.

I also have a take-out menu to a restaraunt that's no longer open. Uh, why? who knows. Chucked it.

Other things I found:
Empty tic-tac boxes (brought those home for bead storage)
two chinese fortunes from fortune cookies
a candy wrapper
a couple of expired coupons
a string of broken christmas lights
a packet of ketchup
some salt and pepper packets (kept those - but I put them in a tic-tac box)
some teabags I forgot I had
some spiced chai mix
a packet of ramen
some tealight candles I ordered from a co-worker and forgot to take home
Cup-o-soup Tomato flavor

I mean - WHY would I have all that stuff shoved into my desk drawers? Most of it is crap! Am I the only crap-a-holic? Egad!

Hello, my name is Karry. I'm a crap-a-holic....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspired me to look at my desk- very scary! haha
Tea packets, recipes, TONS of plastic silverware, chicken boullion cubes- hmmm, I am starting to see a pattern here- food! haha

:) Becki

2/24/2006 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I'd like to join your crapaholics anonymous group. Right now I'm looking at two earrings, two of Eliza's pony tail bands, assorted Christmas cards, a pirate telescope, and lots of loose papers. I'm afraid to look under them!

2/26/2006 08:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture