.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Sunday, February 05, 2006

such an imagination

Middlechild approached me today and showed me a tiny box she was holding. I was full with odds and ends. There was a yellow crayon stub, some legos, a couple stray puzzle pieces, the broken lock to some diary, a couple smooth pebbles and a bead. She pointed to each of these things in turn and said to me "Mom, lookit my little house! This is the bed, and that's the table, there's a beanbag, and the lamp is there, that's some cheese and this is my guy"

I assured her it was very nice and after she walked away pleased with herself, I thought - CHEESE? Why cheese? Of all the things crucial to her little room that she could have chosen, she thought to include cheese. That's definitely my girl with the odd imagination....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the thing with first born... I remember those days when you guys were little. They were trying, but also rewarding. Cheese...?? lets see... I remember something about cheese and ears... hummmm! Won't comment (smile)Yes she does have an imagination... like her mom. So glad you love your job. That is the best thing in the world to go to work at a place you love. Was there any doubt that you would knock their socks off???? Little update: Younger went to AZ after all. He called from MI but havn't heard from him since. Gram Anna and Aunt Jo will be coming to VT on or about the 1st wk in April. Other brother says he needs to clean his room... yipeee! TTYL MOM

2/06/2006 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That is undoubtedly YOUR child.

2/07/2006 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture