.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So....

Spring is here. I mean - like officially. It's nearly 90 degrees and BOY am I feeling the spring. My flowers love it and we have a BUMPER crop of loquats in the backyard - I think I may be doing Loquat jelly this weekend.

I located a glass watercooler jug on freecycle and will be picking it up either tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to be making a terrarium in it with the kids - it should be fun. I think the first thing we will grow are some of Middlechild's annuals that we never got around to planting and when those die we will put something else in there. :) I had a classroom terrarium back in first or second grade - I don't remember which, but I loved that little glass environment. I can't wait!

I'm putting off tiling the back porch because my arm/shoulder hurts so badly..... but I'm still toying with design ideas. I'm thinking I may just do some simple swirls to give the impression of waves.... I dunno. Still thinking about it.

A friend of mine at work wants me to come paint her mom's mailbox - I guess it had a beach scene on it and is flaking off so she'd like it to be redone. I told her it would be no problem, but I need to know what her mom wants - just to have the flaking cured and maybe have the image restored or a whole new picture? We will see. It should be fun. If I could figure out what paint would stick to a plastic mailbox I might even do my own. I wonder if enamel paint would stick?

DH and I found a ball to put in the pool that has a solar light on it - it looks kind of creepy at night - we need to get a few more of them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

They make a paint now especially for plastics. I saw an ad in which they'd painted one of those plastic outside tables. Sounds like fun!

3/21/2006 10:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring is here also, It was 44 degrees yesterday, ohhhhh sooooo warm.

3/22/2006 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Please explain to us Northerners what that hell is a loquat?

3/22/2006 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture