.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What is a loquat?



Well.... it's hard to describe. It's a sweetish tart fruit that is sort of apple textured, and tastes like a mango crossed with a peach. It's mighty tasty, but the flesh to pit ratio is small so it's not really easy to eat without chipping a tooth. The fruit also will not ripen if picked too early and it does not keep well. Here's a wikipedia entry. Here's the tree in my backyard, a clower shot of how much fruit we have and a shot with my hand for size comparison. Here's some loquat jam recipes.
Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Karry, I noticed you've done away with the ads. Were they not working? One of the bloggers that I talk to is having to cut back on spending and we may lose her blog, which would be a shame. I thought maybe the ads might bring her the revenue she needs. Did they do enough to make it worthwhile or not? Thanks, Cate

P.S. I didn't know what a loquat was either. They are beautiful!

3/25/2006 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

Funny you should say that Cate - the ads are still there on the left. I think I may have made them blend in too much. LOL! I have only earned about $20 through it - I figure in another five years or so I might have the initial $100 it takes to get a check from Google. LOL! In the meantime I still enjoy the ironies they create with some of my posts. I think I will go revise the colors of the ads sometime this weekend so that they stand out more.

-K

3/25/2006 09:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture