.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, May 22, 2006

Ever feel like.....

You wanted to crawl to the edge of the earth and duck under it so that nobody could see you? Well, the past couple of weeks I've felt like that and still do to a limited extent.... but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I'm really sorry to all of you that read this thing on a regular basis. I try real hard to be normal but ya know what? I'm NOT normal. A normal person wouldn't post their thoughts to a blog on a regular basis. A normal person won't get a jolly out of re-doing the aforementioned blog's color scheme. A normal person won't be able to listen to a programmer talk to another programmer about XML coding and tags and nodes and the differences between parent and child and sister nodes and COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING.

Let me just say that I love my new job, but it's scaring me. Tra la la

But that's not why I took a hiatus from posting. I meant to come back and post more, I really did. But then I'd get busy with this thing, or that thing or this deadline or that child or this animal or that car and the fires! There was a 7 acre burn just a couple blocks away from us yesterday. It's contained now but it is scary. I guess life just got in the way and I felt like the whole thing was crashing in on me and I just quit doing what I love to do. Which is post my snarky bits of wisdom and see if someone will get a chuckle out of it.

So - without further apology and without further delay - here is today's bit of wisdom - courtesy of Youngest:

Why did the cow cross the road?

Well Firstborn crossed the road today and gave DH and I a scare. He wound up being at a friends house but for a good hour and a half nobody knew where he was. I called neighbors and came home from work before I got everythign done for the day and sent Middlechild out on her bike with a walkie talkie to check at all his friends houses and it turns out he's right where I thought he was the first time. They just didn't hear the doorbell. Kids. Sheesh.

Speaking of roads - if you ever get a chance to go see RV with Robin Williams, I highly reccomend it. It's too funny! Everyone had a great big belly laugh out of it - this is one we will be buying once it's on DVD. It's a keeper.

So, why did the cow cross the road? To go to the Mooo-vies!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Ask youngest if the Mooo-vie was a Mooo-sical!

5/23/2006 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture