.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, May 08, 2006

Fire!

Well, not near my house - thank goodness. But there is a huge forest fire burning in central Florida right now - it's closed the highway down and a co-worker (who commutes quite a ways to work I might add) had to be evacuated from her home. She had to take the detour (no highway) and it's added about 2 hours onto her commute - each way. She gave me some photos she took of the fire - it's just down the street from her! All oyu can see is smoke - but that's enough.

DH and I are worried about it - but only insofar as the fact that it continues to be hot - dry - and breezy. Everything is a tinderbox. We don't have dirt - we have dust. Also - our property backs up to a reserve - and it's really overgrown back in there. So - I'm praying for rain. We need a really good soaking. Don't get me wrong - I like the sunny weather just as much (if not more) than the next guy, but I'll feel so much better if we got some rain.

I'll post the picture when I get home. I'm on break right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture