.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Thursday, May 25, 2006

You'd think so.....

I am terrible to telemarketers. You'd think that having been one myself I'd be better but these people don't give up. I've told the water people atleast three times that I do not need my water tested because OHNO OHMIGOSH I have hard water all of a sudden and absolutely CANNOT live without a water softener! Nah...... DH and I generally ignore the phone unless it's someone we know but every once in a while I get a mean streak and I do something like I did to a telemarketer a few weeks ago. (Meant to blog this earlier but am just now getting to it)

...phone rings......
I'm expecting a call so I answer it without glancing at the caller ID. SURPRISE!
"Hello?"
"Hello, may I speak to Ms. Smith?"
"You've got her. What can I do for you?"
"Hello Ms. Smith, this is Bob at Somecompanyname"
Interrupting..... "Hi there Bob! It's good to hear from you! How are you?"
"Um, I'm fine actually, thanks for asking. Ms. Smith, I'm calling you today because we are conducting a survey in your area on water quality. It will only take 3 minutes of your time, ,Ms. Smith, may I ask you a few questions?"
"Well certainly Bob, but before you do give me just a minute here....."
I tap the phone loudly
"Okay - there we go - thanks for waiting, Bob, before we begin I am required by law to tell you that I am going to be recording this conversation. Okay?"
"uh, okay..."
"Great, now Bob, before we get to your questions, I'd like to advise you that I have been called by your company at least three times in the past week, and every time it's the same survey. What I'd like to know before we begin, Bob, is when the survey questions are going to change? Because, quite frankly, Bob, these phone calls from your company bore me. Not to be rude, I'm sure you understand, because I know that you can ask about lots of other things.... but I've already said that my water tastes great and that I am happy with it and that I don't feel a burning desire to make my dishes sparkle. Are you still with me here Bob?"
"Yes ma'am.."
"Okay then Bob, I will answer your questions one more time because I like you, you have a nice voice, ,and you will do great as a telemarketer but after this I would like you to be sure to remove me from your calling list."
"Yes Ma'am"
"Okay, now remember that I am recording this call Bob. Proceed with the questions"
"Ma'am I'll just take you off the list now, thank you"
...CLICK....


You'd think I would be nice to them for having been one myself once. You'd think so.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Too funny, Karry!

5/27/2006 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture