.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good omen?

Yesterday I found a GREAT deal for both tickets and a hotel for what was originally our summer day-trip to a theme park plans. I found that I can get approximately five days for what one day cost us last year. INCLUDING a nice hotel... (Not a closet with a bed and window like last year) and not just one, but TWO theme parks. The catch? I have to reserve now to get the bargain. DH and I are evaluating the budget and deciding if we can do it. We might not be able to swing it - but it sure would be nice if we could. I spent all last night evaluating the theme parks for age appropriate-ness and aside from the really big coasters I think everyone will have fun. I don't know if Youngest will be interested in the big ones or not. I hope not - I don't really want to ride them myself. I seriously doubt that DH will ride them. Firstborn and Middlechild can ride them if they want to though....

So - that was a good thing yesterday. We also have oodles of rain - and yes, mom, you were right - the grass in the blackened portions of my lawn is greening right up again. Matter of fact, the plants are so panicked that they hurried up and went to seed - all in about three days. Yay for rain! My lawn is saved!

This morning the song on the radio as I woke up was the one that starts out "I can see clearly now the rain is gone....... It's gonna be a Briiiight, briiiight sunshiney day!" so now I have an earworm of it and I don't mind because I really like that song. Wish I knew it's name - but oh well.

Also - in other news I recently found out that National Geographic Photographers were in town a while back and we may have a couple pictures (maybe not but at least a mention) of my town in the magazine. I've been reading this mag for forever (age 5 or 6 maybe???) and my sub is paid in advance for something like three years I love it so much - I can't wait until the next issue comes out.

2 Comments:

Blogger john said...

that's a great song :)

the guy's name is johnny nash. it came out in '72 (a mere 6 years before i was born).

johnny nash info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Nash

song lyrics:
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/hardertheycome/icanseeclearlynow.htm

for some reason whenever i hear this song i also always think of otis redding, "sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the tide roll away..."

6/15/2006 02:38:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

You know what - I love that song too! (humming it now - thanks!)

Thanks for the song title - next time I'm at the store I'll try to find that song on CD. Now that I know who sang it and the title I might actually sound normal to the music store employee instead of some hopeless freak that has to hum a few bars of the song and toss in some words in order to describe what I'm looking for. LOL!

6/16/2006 09:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture