.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Random observations...

Did you know that the ratio of idiots on the road to good drivers increases exponentially depending on how many minutes you left the house late?

The kids and DH and I were all playing a game where you read a statement and the listeners determine if it's true or false. There's a time limit. Firstborn read his card out "The orrish plateau far mine took place in 1867". DH and I looked at eachother and DH blurted out "You mean the IRISH POTATO FAMINE?" Everyone got a good chuckle out of that.

Middlechild said to me at dinner tonight as we goofed off at the table "Mom, you need parental vision". I was stumped at what she meant until it hit me. I needed parental supervision.

I read an article about a local yacht club that just designed a new $100 hamburger because they hand never had a hamburger on the menu before. It has beef from three countries (Peru, Africa and US I think - can't quite remember.) The article downplayed the exorbitant cost of membership at the club to highlight the fact that $10 from each burger would be donated to charity. I know what they wanted you to think about that whole article - but this is what I read: You can't order this burger without becoming a member of the club because only club members can go to this restaraunt. The breakdown? $45,000 to join the club. $3500 a year in dues plus $124.50 for the burger (including tax and tip). My response? Ooooh! Ooooh! I wanna save the hungry too! Where do I go to sign up? I have $48624.50 just laying around in my bank account. And just think! $10 from each sale goes to charity! I'm doing such a good thing! -- OH PUH-LEEZ. Just gag me now. As much as I wish to someday have that kind of money, I hope I never get that kind of money because I NEVER want that kind of thing to seem normal and SANE to me.

In other enws - I just found a local bead shop. Local as in "It's on the way home from work" kind of local. DH, you better hide the checkbook.

1 Comments:

Blogger BoDog said...

Beef from Peru, Africa, and the US? So, they took...African cows, flew them to Peru, walked them up to Texas, and now they want you to pay for the trip.

Yep, next time I have $50,000 burning a hole in my wallet, I'll ask you for their address...

6/22/2006 05:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture