.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, July 03, 2006


Here's a much better photo of the moth. All I had on me was my camera phone, but my co-worker had her camera and took this shot.

A quarter for perspective to give you an idea how big this bug is. Very beautiful. We see them all the time in this part of Florida.

Here's another bug from outside the building that morning. I'm told it's a waterbug. I think they are really interesting - as long as they stay outside.

And in other enws here is the first mailbox I've ever painted. I was comissioned to do it for the mother of a friend

That's a crane, not a sickly seagull and on the back of the mailbox is a tiny ghost crab - I didn't get a good pic of that - or the boat/beach chair combo on the front but that's okay. It was fun to do this! I'm thinking I might make more of them to sell at local boutiques. Do you think people would buy them?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I would deffinitly buy one (if I needed a mial box!!)
rachel

7/05/2006 08:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Very pretty. I'm sure they would sell. Did you think about doing a sail boat with the Red flag? Just a suggestion. It looks wonderful. Love MOM

7/05/2006 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

I thought about doing something like that but I wanted the flag to blend into the box when it was up as well as down and a boat definitely has a right side up. :) I considered a palm tree which could go woth ways - but the joint for the flag and the box is red plastic and the paint wouldn't really adhere well to it so I just left the whole thing red.

7/06/2006 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger www.triconville.com said...

Teak outdoor garden furniture was the top choice for most outdoor furniture lovers. The introduction of wicker outdoor furniture has shifted this trend and this new material is gaining momentum.
Addresssing this growing market our company, which is the premier manufacturer of teak garden furniture has also invested in patio wicker furniture
manufacturing and is already offering wide variety of products from this material. The company exports in container loads to worldwide market.

1/31/2009 03:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture