.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Friday, July 07, 2006

Stupid accidents

I got to thinking today about all the silly and stupid things I've done and lived to tell about and thought I might share a few of them with you. Have you ever done somethign stupid? I'd love to hear about it.

1) First grade: We used to run around the school playground in gym class and there was a telephone pole in the middle of the path - well not really but the way we wandered while we ran it got to be in the middle quite frequently. Anyhow, one day the whole class is running and I hear someone yelling at me. I know the pole is up ahead but someone is really really hollering at me. I turn my head to see what they want and WHAM - like those splattered witch halloween decorations my arms and legs go out on either side of the pole and the next thing I know I'm on the ground with the teacher peering at me and a crowd of kids around me laughing. I can still smell the tar from the pole. The yelling? The teacher was warning me to stay away from the pole.

2) I don't clearly remember this one but I remember the pain. At a barbequeue at a park we are roasting hotdogs over the grill and someone tells me to be careful of the tongs because they are hot. I grabbed some tongs and touched the tips to see just how hot they were and heard a weird sizzling sound. I actually LOOKED AROUND FOR THE SOURCE OF THE SIZZLE before it occurred to me that the sizzling and popping was me. I think I was 9 or 10 - not a whole lot of common sense.

3) I was about 20 when I discovered that my son thought suctioning cups to your face was funny. I got such giggles from him when he tried to pull the cup off my face! He and I did that so much one night that I wound up with a very red, very round full facial hickie over my mouth and lips. I don't think I left the house for a week.

4) Right before we moved to Florida, DH and the kids and I were at a birthday picnic for one of my nieces and we are packing our picnic stuff away in the car. I'm leaning over the top of the car where the front door and the back door touch. Firstborn slams the rear car door and it's all I can do to stand there and not scream out to everyone in earshot that OH MY GOD MY BOOB IS STUCK IN THE CAR DOOR.

got any good ones? Think you can top those? Comment and tell me about them! I hope I'm not the only clutz out there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture