.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Sunday, August 27, 2006

my children are musical

middlechild begged for a week for us to let her take violin lessons. I remembered really wanting to learn the viola as a child (don't think I ever told anyone about that.... but that was probably fo rthe best as I didn't stick with things as a kid) and the more she begged the more I remembered. So... I told her that we would go down and talk to the people giving lessons and of course we got talked into it. Youngest is also taking violin lessons too. I can't believe I just signed contracts for $500 worth of musical instruments for kids that can't keep backpacks off the floor. What was I thinking?

Both kids know that they will have to stick with it for a year and that they will have to practice a lot. I am going to enforce that. We tried out the violins already. They are both probably horribly out of tune but I made them play a little bit. It was so fun! Lots easier than the dulcimer that I taught myself back when mom had that out in the dining room..... I really think I might still want to learn. The classes are free for anyone interested - and the teacher said that they had two parents sign up for lessons withtheir kids. I think I might embarass mine if I did that but it sure would be neat. I'll add it to the list of things I must do when I have time to do them.

Peanut has found a home. I am looking for a home for my cats. Coco is tentatively slated for a new home too - all the dogs have been ganging on my cats and she's the ringleader. I'm tired of peeling the two apart. It may take a while before I find a good home for the critters but I'm looking for a place to send them because when I come home the house is a disaster (part of that is the kdis but most of it is the animals tearing it up) and I've had it up to *here* with that. It's depressing. And there's nothing I can do about it either. That's what really makes it suck.

I hope all of you internets are doing well and are still around. I miss reading all your blogs and hyearing from you. I am a comment whore so if you would comment it would completely make my day.

Mom - if you are reading this - email me your phone number because the cell phone I had it stored on has a dead battery and I can't get it anymore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Hey Karry, I'm still with ya. I think it's great that your kids are musical and willing to make such a committment.

I've put some new things on Nudge-Nudge. If you haven't been by lately pop in and see us.

8/30/2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm still here. I just don't have anything to add, so I just troll.

9/01/2006 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi mom well the whole violen is well my thing because well nat dosent play at practice or at home but i do.
love,
middle child
PS:its true i am very good so i am the best not nat only me! *_*

2/04/2007 01:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture