.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm still alive

I keep meaning to blog but I haven't been motivated. I've been kind of depressed lately and feeling kind of BLAH. I've been working too much and the weather is killing me now that we are subject to it's mercy on a daily basis and did you know - Florida is FREAKING HOT? Not just hot, but FREAKING HOT? Yes, it's true. Air Conditioning is a definite neccesity - and one I can't afford to replace yet. Yep - it's broken - we've been surviving on frequent showers and box-fans. The house looks like crap cause it's too darn hot to clean... but we are working on that in the early morning and late evening.

My glasses snapped in half. Did I mention that? Probably not - I haven't posted in so long. I'd spent a chunk of money 5 years ago on glasses that were the bendy twisty kind so they wouldn't get ruined if I fell asleep in them (Usually happens every night while I read a book) Well, I took them off to clean and OOPS! Right across the bridge. DH wanted to put a gob of steel putty there to hold them but all I could think of was "How nerdly!". So - I rubber banded the halves together around the nose pads (lord knows that was just SO much more attractive) and wore those for two days until I could get to an eye doctor. By the way - if you ever break oyur glasses near here - I have a FABULOUS recommendation for you. They didn't make me take an eye exam, They gave me a discount (I think they felt sorry for me with the rubber band and all) and they had them ready in an our - just took the prescription from my existing glasses. WOO! Now, I'm wearing rectangle ones, I'll post a picture sometime, they don't look bad.

Cute convo with Youngest I've been meaning to post:
Mom, am I part indian?
It's native american dear, and yes you are
how much?
Um, not much, I think it's an eighth
So the rest of me is Pilgrim?


Another cute convo with someone from WoW (World of Warcraft game)
Can I have some silver?
ME: Um, no
Please? Please? I will be your friend in the game!
ME: Um, no
Please? I really need it, I will pay you back!
ME: Um, no. How old are you anyway?
I'm 13
ME: Ahhh, that explains it. My son is 13. Here - take the silver but remember beggars generally don't make friends in games like this.
NO WAY! You're a DAD?
ME: LOL! Nope, it's worse. I'm a MOM!


Other tidbits:
The rose I thought died in the drought? it's blooming. It's yellow. it's gorgeous!

Chocolate mint pop-tarts taste awesome from the freezer.
(Note to self - write a thank you note to spell-check inventor - I just wrote pop-tards instead of pop-tarts, that led to all sorts of funny visuals in poor taste)

Work is thinking of having a seminar at an unusual location: a marine-life aquarium. I thought the perfect slogan would be "Small Division seminars, Trainings with a porpoise!"

Speaking of small division, I love my company - it's good for lots of chuckles. Someone at Parent Company replied to a five year old e-mail that had Small Divisions e-mail distribution list on it, as well as all other small division's email distribution. So - everyone got it. No biggie - misdirected e-mail, just delete it and be done. Right? Wrong. The next 6 hours involved a flurry of "Why did I get this?", "Please take me off your list" and "I think you replied to all, you shouldn't do that" from other employees at Parent Company. All of us (well the ones I talked to anyway) here at Small Division thought it was highly amusing. :)

That is all for now - I will try to post more often, really I will.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear you are still alive. I know what its like to be in a funk with nothing much else new to talk about. Hopefully the fall weather will bring creative inspiration to us all. I'm thinking about wearing my fake ponytail to work tonite for the hell of it.

10/14/2006 12:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol mom

4/18/2007 08:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture